Because PCA believes that true college prep is more than just academics, we seek to prepare your child spiritually for college and life. Since we are a Covenantal School, we do this in partnership with you and your church by providing spiritual training consistent with your family and your church. Through Bible classes, apologetics classes and conferences, chapels, small group and student-led Bible studies, we impart not only knowledge of the Bible, but wisdom on how to apply the principles of Scripture to their lives. We also strongly believe that our students should understand their responsibility to, and develop a passion for, service and missions on a local and international level.
We strive to do all this by:
- Integrating a Biblical worldview in every subject and activity at PCA.
- Surrounding students with like-minded Christian friends and faculty while not isolating them from the world.
- Providing Bible classes and weekly chapels for all students.
- Hosting an annual Apologetics Conference for all high school students.
- Offering a number of local service projects and mission opportunities.
- Going on mission trips. Each grade level of our high school goes on an annual mission trip with each trip introducing them to varying cultures and mission work. The capstone trip is an international mission trip to Jamaica for seniors. This trip helps the students realize first-hand the abject needs in different parts of the world and how they, as individuals, can impact the world.
As part of our desire to challenge and encourage students to grow spiritually, we have five chapels each week at Pantego Christian Academy. We separate the students by grade level so we can tailor each chapel service to meet the age-appropriate spiritual needs of the students. On the Arlington campus we have the following chapels: K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, and 9th-12th. On the Mansfield campus we have a combined chapel for the various grades each week.
If you want to find out what students are experiencing in our secondary chapels (grades 6-12) check out our chapel page. We update the page each week with an audio summary of the chapel presented by the chapel speaker of the week.
Because Pantego Christian Academy strongly believes that a healthy spiritual climate is essential to our school, we have an Academy Chaplain who provides leadership and oversight for all aspects of PCA’s spiritual life.
“I pray that God will use me to point students to Jesus Christ by my life and words. I pray that God will use PCA to raise up a generation of young people who will boldly and consistently live out the Christian life while they are here at PCA and in the long obedience of their lives after PCA to make a significant and eternal difference in their culture.” – Kevin Peterson, Academy Chaplain
You can contact the chaplain by clicking here.
Spiritual Life Council
PCA’s Spiritual Life Council consists of committed Christian high school students who strive to make a difference in the lives of their classmates under the direction of the Academy Chaplain. They meet with the chaplain twice a month during lunch in order to receive practical training in spiritual leadership and to strive together in the process of enhancing the spiritual climate of Pantego Christian Academy. High school students are given the opportunity to apply to serve on the Spiritual Life Council each school year.
Sister School in Sierra Leone, West Africa
Our sister school, The New Era School, located in Freetown, SL, educates 750+ students in grades 1-10 in very primitive conditions. The New Era School provides a strong Christian education in a predominantly Muslim country. Our support of the school includes peer communications (grade-to-grade and teacher-to-teacher), prayer and financial support to continue their work.